What’s electro-sex? Is it something like having sex with Storm from the X-Men? GOD, we hope so!
Although it could be somewhat similar to it.
Electro-sex also known as erotic electrostimulation or e-stim involves applying electric stimulation on your sensitive body parts for arousal and eventually orgasm. Is it painful, you ask? It all depends on you and your kink factor. And bear in mind, the electricity current is going to be applied to your nether regions where you’re most sensitive like your nipples, genitals and other erogenous zones.
Erotic electrostimulation is closely associated with BDSM activities; when BDSM is more hard core pleasure-through-pain type of sexual activity, electro-sex is a milder erotic sexual activity that involves getting shocked with variable intensity.
If you’re a curious cat like all of us (don’t deny it), you can purchase e-stim products at adult stores. They usually come with a manual or guide on how to use it safely, how to clean it, how to store it, etc. So let’s give you a run-down on what to do and what not to do when trying erotic electrostimulation.
- Never use an e-stim device on the brain, heart or throat. It sounds obvious but trust us, people have tried it in the past and it’s just dangerous.
- If you have any electronic implant somewhere in your body, consult with your physician first before dipping your toes in erotic electrostimulation.
- Don’t use the e-stim device for any purposes other than what it’s intended to do. Start with low settings and increase as intended. Don’t go in full blast at the first try!
- Remember the current will always take the shortest way between poles. So if you want to use it on a certain part of your body, make sure you point and hold the device as close as possible to that spot. If not, you may get a surprise shock to another part of your body.
- Don’t use it on pregnant women. Just don’t.
- Only use on healthy skin.
- Make sure you use the right type of lube for your device. For example, if you’re using a device that’s only for external use, use some elector-conductive gel; whereas if your device is meant for internal use only, then use some water based lubricant.
So these are the basic things you should know about e-stim devices before you start using them. Of course one device may be different from the other so make sure you read the safety instructions before you go electrifying each other.